Discovery of the Alps !
This experience will lead you, through lakes and mountains, to the discovery of the hidden treasures of the Alps...
From 1 person.
For families, couples and group of friends.
Available all year round.
Fall in love with this authentic Alpine chalet, built in 1892, and recently transformed into a mountain hut.
The mountain hut team will do everything possible to ensure your well-being: comfortable beds with soft pillows and a cosy duvet and sheets prepared with care.
The wooden furniture and crockery in traditional Savoyard pottery from Marnaz will undoubtedly put you in the mountain atmosphere!
Taste local specialties, such as "bougnettes", at the refuge's restaurant.
You can also enjoy a terrace with an incredible view of the Mont-Blanc.
Enjoy a charming room in a former 18th century post house, located on the banks of the smallest canal in France (the Savières canal), which connects the Rhône to the largest natural lake in France, the Lac du Bourget.
You too will fall in love with the old stones of Chanaz, also called "The little Savoyard Venice", its boat cruises, and the strolls around the craftsmen.
Your senses will be awakened by the wonderfull smells that will surround you: Soaps and candles, coffee from the roaster, the walnut oil mill, bread baked in the baker's oven, beer from the brewer, and the chocolate factory.
This star-rated hotel located on the shores of Lake Annecy offers the ideal setting to experience the "slow-life", creating a warm atmosphere to enjoy the beautiful things in life with the people you love.
Enjoy a comfortable and chic room, with a private outdoor space leading to a garden and the beautiful lake water.
Design layout, the use of noble materials and durable equipment ensure the quality of the rooms and your stay, with a constant ambition: to magnify the view of the lake and its mountain setting.
Located on the heights of the Lac du Bourget, near Aix-les-Bains, this 5 star hotel is housed in a building steeped in history, carefully restored, blending the charm of yesteryear and modern-inspired decoration.
As if carved from the original structure, with rigor, "savoir-faire" and artistic sense, the Host reveals its beauties: carpentry made with old-fashioned techniques by the companions of duty, ironwork and use of raw materials ...
Overlooking the largest natural lake in France, nestled in the heart of the Alps, this recently opened accommodation invites you to an exceptional stay on the natural territory of Aix les Bains Riviera des Alpes wellness.
Leaving directly from the refuge, the possibilities of hikes are multiple!
A loop hike around the shelter is possible on a medium mountain route.
You will have the opportunity to discover the rivers, waterfalls and alpine farms with an exceptional view of the Mont Blanc and the summit of the "Pointe Percée".
Discover the Alps with hiking boots on your feet and enjoy exceptional panoramas of the surrounding mountain ranges.
In the heart of an exceptional setting located between the Rhône and the mountains, at the crossroads of the Alps and the geological massif of the Jura, crossed by the road to Compostela, the Jongieux vineyard reveals sumptuous landscapes composed of hills and valleys located at 350 m of altitude.
Between continental and Mediterranean climates, this sloping vineyard benefits from abundant rainfall and a more or less clayey soil. The Jongieux vineyard dates from the 16th century but its history remains unknown.
Stroll through the vineyards and enjoy a visit followed by a wine tasting in a renowned estate.
Continue your day with a gourmet meal in a Michelin-starred restaurant. Enjoy refined and creative cuisine in a charming inn perched at the top of the hillside of the famous Marestel vineyard. What a gourmet trip!
Don't hesitate to stop at the Lac du Bourget on your way down.
From Chanaz, you have the possibility to reach the start of the Dent du Chat hike, located 30 minutes drive away from your accommodation, or to walk near the Hautecombe Abbey. Tackle the Grand Colombier and the mountains of the "Chaîne de l'Épine", you will reach the starting points of these hikes in about 20 minutes by car.
From the contemplative stroll to the sportive hike, all rhythms are good to discover the mountain...
The mountains of the Massif des Bauges rise above the valleys in which the towns of Chambéry, Montmélian, Albertville, Faverges, Annecy and Aix les Bains are spread out.
Explore the Massif Nord des Bauges directly from your hotel on the shores of Lake Annecy. You also have the possibility to reach hiking trails only 20 minutes away by car from your accommodation, by reaching Talloires. Then discover the Aravis mountain range and enjoy a panoramic view of the lake and the mountains.
After 50 minutes drive from your accommodation located on the heights of Aix-les-Bains, walk along the Trélod, the Pécloz, the Arcalod or the Arclusaz, the highest perched syncline in Europe, and let yourself be surprised by the majestic scenery of the Bauges, between lakes and mountains!
With our passionate naturopathic guide, let yourself be tempted by a walk to discover the alpine nature. Live a moment out of time and let our guide tell you the secrets of the plants of our mountains as well as their medicinal virtues.
You will find more information on our website: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US
Enjoy a cruise on an electric boat on the Savière canal and on the Lac du Bourget. Share a unique moment during which you can also order your lunch and eat on the boat!
Discover the different points of interest on the lake shore: Chatillon Castle, Hautecombe Abbey, Côte sauvage, etc...
A few kilometers further on, discover the lake of Aiguebelette. A large choice of activities is offered to you: paddle on the lake, electric bicycle, via ferrata, climbing, paragliding... there is something for everyone !
You will undoubtedly appreciate the coolness of the Savoyard lakes!
If you wish to be supervised, take advantage of a guided tour in Chanaz and meet the local craftsmen with our expert guide.
For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/fr_FR/experience/village-medieval-artisanat
Whether you prefer to discover the culinary "savoir-faire" in the Alpes Mont Blanc region, learn more about Annecy's historical heritage or set off to discover one of the most beautiful lakes in France on a private cruise on Lake Annecy, there is something suitable for all!
Annecy Special City Tour
- Discover the city of Annecy through photos from 100 years ago, evoking both its past history and its contemporary life.
- Duration : 2 hours
- For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US/experience/annecy-special-city-tour
Tour of Lake Annecy through the mountains
- Enjoy a guided tour through the most beautiful panoramas around Lake Annecy. Sublime views of the mountains of the Alps!
- Duration : 4 hours
- For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US/experience/tour-of-lake-annecy-through-the-mountains
Cheese and wine tasting in Annecy
- Come and taste the best wines and cheeses of the Alps, accompanied by an expert sommelier of Savoy wines and a "Meilleur Ouvrier de France" Master Cheesemaker in Annecy.
- Duration : 2 hours
- For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US/experience/cheese-and-wine-tasting-in-annecy
- Cook yourself one of the most typical Savoyard dishes: the famous tartiflette! An exclusive gourmet experience followed by a convivial lunch.
- Duration: 5 hours
- For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US/experience/tartiflette-experience
Boat Cruise on Lake Annecy
- Climb aboard your privatized boat and learn all the curiosities of one of the most beautiful lakes of the Alps during this unusual experience. Take the opportunity to dive into the crystal clear waters of Lake Annecy.
- Duration : 2 hours
- For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US/experience/boat-cruise-on-lake-annecy
OUR OFFER in detail
ACCOMMODATION: COMFORTABLE MOUNTAIN REFUGE - BED & BREAKFAST - 4 and 5* HOTELS
- Private double room
- 2 nights in a mountain hut
- 3 nights in a bed and breakfast
- 3 nights in a 4 star hotel - Mountain view room
- 2 nights in a 5 star hotel - Mountain view room (Room with a lake view for an extra 200 €)
- Visitor's tax
- Gourmet breakfasts (sweet and savoury buffet)
- The first two dinners at the refuge - local specialties
DESIGN OF THE TOUR
- The organization and coordination of all providers during your stay
- The delivery of a personalized travel journal to guide you during your stay.
- Dinners are not included in local inns or gastronomic restaurants.
- Picnic basket made of local products: 20 € per person
- Visit of the Savoyard vineyards: cellar visits and tasting at our partner winegrowers' wineries
- The activities - which we will be able to study together in a second stage, please visit our website: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US (for more information)
OUR PROPOSAL DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Dinners not included
- Personal expenses
Distances between your accommodations (by car)
- Shelter > Chanaz Accommodation : 2h00
- Lodging Chanaz > Lake Annecy Hotel : 1h15
- Lake Annecy Hotel > Hotel heights Aix-les-Bains : 1h00
- Private transportation - Upon your arrival in the Alps, we take care of your transfer from the airport to your place of stay. Whether you arrive in Geneva, Lyon or Turin, our drivers will be there to welcome you with the biggest smile and drive you safely to your destination.
For more information: https://transfer-mont-blanc.com/
- Activities - For an unusual activity off the beaten track in Alpes Mont Blanc, from one hour to one day, we offer you to live experiences and discover unique places during your stay in the mountains: guided tours, cruises, cooking classes, private tasting, paragliding baptism, etc...
For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US