Off the beaten path week-end at the Mer de Glace
Highlights of the trip
A truly priviledged adventure, so far off the beaten track
Enjoy the Mer de Glace when nature’s calm and tranquility take back its rights
One night in an authentic mountain refuge which has welcomed climbing teams since 1880
For a couple or a group of friends.
All year round.
250 € per person for a couple.
The most famous man and women mountaineers, always looking to get closer to the stars, have found refuge in this historical venue. The impressive summits that seem to touch the sky, give the impression to preserve the fragile nature below and especially watch over the fantastic but frangible « sea of ice ».
A remarkable job was done for the clientele outstanding comfort, good food and drink which in enhances the feel of a truly priviledged adventure, so far off the beaten track. Contemplating the view while having a tea, drinks before dinner in front of a fire and enjoy dinner with a nice glass of wine.
The Mer de Glace or 'Sea of Ice' is one of the most well-known glaciers in the Alps. Its source starts at around 3700m and flows down towards Chamonix.
Departing from Chamonix, jump on a famous rack and pinion railway that brings you to the Montenvers site at 1913 m.
Enjoy an imposing panorama of the Mer de Glace glacier and the surrounding summits.
Chamonix, a destination suitable for everyone, no matter what your area of expertise is! In addition to the traditional winter and summer sports, there are also unusual activities, places to relax and monuments that you can discover.
Electric mountain bike in front of the Mont Blanc
- For the sportsmen and women in search of strong sensations or curious people wanting to discover breath-taking panoramas, hurtle down the snowy slopes facing the glaciers of the Mont Blanc massif during a day of electrically assisted mountain biking!
- Duration: from 3 to 8 hours depending on the activity
- For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US/search?l=307c87b1-e526-11e9-a5d2-3417ebd53335&f=30a00791-e526-11e9-a5d2-3417ebd53335
Aiguille du Midi and Mer de Glace discovery day
- To enjoy panoramic views of the highest peaks of the Alps, discover the unmissable tourist sites of the Chamonix Mont Blanc valley! Join the summit of the Aiguille du Midi to admire the exceptional view of the Mont Blanc valley. The Mer de Glace is another unmissable place during a stay in Chamonix Mont Blanc.
- Duration : 8 hours
- For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US/experience/the-must-do-hike-from-the-aiguille-du-midi-to-the-mer-de-glace
Mythical Aiguille du Midi - Half day
- Discover one of the highest peaks of Chamonix: the Aiguille du Midi and its cable car with our guide. Enjoy a breathtaking view of the Mont Blanc!
- Duration : 3 hours
- For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US/experience/mythical-aiguille-du-midi-half-day
Become a Chef for an afternoon
- In a local restaurant in Chamonix, benefit from our Chef's expertise by taking part in an Italian cooking class: fresh pasta workshop.
- Duration : 5 hours
- For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US/experience/become-a-chef-for-an-afternoon-in-chamonix
Valais and Vaud Wines from Chamonix
- To enjoy a private tasting of exceptional wines, meet our sommelier during an exclusive visit of the Swiss vineyards of Vaud and Valais.
- Duration: 8 hours
- For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/fr_FR/experience/les-vins-du-valais-et-vaud-depuis-chamonix
Climbing Experience in Chamonix
- Discover the Chamonix valley and its surroundings in a different way thanks to a safe climbing trip.
- Duration: 3 hours
- For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US/experience/climbing-experience-in-chamonix-day-trip
Snowshoe hiking in a Winter Wonderland
- Discover a secret valley with breathtaking sceneries ... located on the heights of Chamonix Mont Blanc.
- Duration: 6 hours
- For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US/experience/snowshoe-hiking-in-a-winter-wonderland
Enigmatorium "Mont Blanc"
- A treasure hunt in the streets of Chamonix, with a theme around the famous Mont Blanc and the history of the first ascent in 1786...
- Duration : 3 hours
- For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US/experience/enigmatorium-mont-blanc-treasure-hunt-in-chamonix
Details of your trip
- One night in a double room with breakfast
- Welcome drink
- Dinner – without drinks
- Train tickets to the Mer de Glace
- Personal expenses
Terms of payment
Your tailor designed trip, a tour is confirmed when we have received the first payment, 30% of the total cost of the trip. Full payment is required one month before your departure date. If your trip, a tour is less than one month from your departure date then we require payment in full.
A cancellation fee will be charged as follows:
- confirmation, more than 30 days before departure: 60 € per person
- 30 to 22 days before departure: 25% of the total price (min 60 €)
- 21 to 8 days before departure: 50% of the total price (min 60 €)
- 7 to 3 days before departure: 75% of the total price (min 60 €)
- Less than 3 days before departure and after departure: 100% of the total amount.
Our specialist services of the Alps Mont Blanc
Transfers - As soon as you arrive in the Alps, we take care of your transfer from the airport to your place of stay. Whether you arrive in Geneva, Lyon or Turin, our drivers will be there to welcome you with their biggest smile and drive you safely to your destination.
For more information: https://transfer-mont-blanc.com/
Activities - For an unusual activity off the beaten track in Alpes Mont Blanc, from one hour to one day, we offer you to live experiences and discover unique places during your stay in the mountains: private guided visits, boat cruises, cooking classes, private wine tasting, paragliding, almost anything under the sun …
For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US
As this program is custom designed it is subject to change to better accommodate weather conditions and other factors.
The feasibility of this program is subject to change according to availability.