The Lakes of Savoie Mont Blanc
Four of the five largest natural lakes in France can be found in the Savoie Mont Blanc. With their breathtaking scenery and water temperatures rising to 25°C in summer, you’ll never be at a loss for something to do.
Experience designed for a group of 1 to 8 participants.
Possible for larger groups upon request.
There is also the possibility that we open dates for other participants.
All year round.
Starting at 690 € per person.
Evian-les-Bains, Evian for bottled water drinkers, is located on the shores of Lake Geneva and is our first stop.
Lake Geneva nicknamed "An Ocean that fits in your pocket", is the largest of the Savoie Mont-Blanc lakes. “L’art de vivre”, the way of life, is very similar to that of the Italian lakes. The French shore is 53 km long and is home to two famous spa towns: Thonon-les-Bains and Evian-les-Bains. One third of the lake is French and the other two-thirds are Swiss. There are differences between the two countries and it is interesting to see them in one day.
Numerous cruises on the lake are available for visitors wanting to discover more about Lake Geneva, especially to reach the Swiss shores and more particularly Geneva. Fishing ports are also to be discovered such as the one located in the village of Meilleire or the one in Thonon-les-Bains.
In the summer, come and swim in the cool waters of Lake Geneva and then go for a walk around its shoreline.
Visit the city center of Thonon-les-Bains with its small streets or walk or bike in the city of Evian-les-Bains.
The medieval village of Yvoire, located on the shores of the majestic Lake Geneva, is like jumping back in time. Strolling the cobblestone streets and admiring the traditionally maintained homes and shops makes you feel like you're in Disney almost. Its ramparts, its fortified gates as well as its unavoidable castle of the XIVth century will transport you 700 years back in time.
Enjoy a walk at your own pace in its small cobbled streets under its wooden balconies. Take a stroll in the pretty stores of the village and taste typical dishes in the local restaurants.
Annecy, “Venise of the Alps”, with its crystal clear water, it is said to be one of the prettiest lakes of the Alps. We'll take our time strolling the quaint streets of this medieval city. Getting lost in the archways is part of the adventure. Water is never too far away. Admire the old town of Annecy thanks to a breathtaking view from the Annecy castle, former residence of the counts of Geneva which now is a museum.
Lake Annecy, drive along the crystalline shores and look up to the mountain tops for a beautiful display of nature. Just spectacular. Two castles are located close to the lake: Menthon St Bernard and the Castle of Duingt.
Discover the "Gardens of Europe", the "Pont des Amours", the "Avenue d'Albigny" with its many plane trees and the "Champ de Mars" located on the shores of Lake Annecy which are ideal sites to relax. Cruises to discover the lake and its surroundings as well as the rental of pedal boats or motor boats are available for visitors.
Lake Bourget is our third lake destination. Sometimes called “Sea in the Mountains”, it is the biggest freshwater lake in France. Well known in French literature, Lake Bourget has been a romantic backdrop for many writers and poets and especially Lamartine.
Aix-les-Bains, a thermal bath resort located on the shores of Lake Bourget, has obtained the label "France Station Nautique" thanks to the many water activities available on the lake: sailing, rowing, canoeing, rafting, fishing, diving, water skiing, wake-boarding...
The "Lac du Bourget" has several marinas and fishing ports such as the one in Aix-les-Bains or Bourget-du-Lac.
Around Lake Bourget, discover the gems along its tranquil shores. No visit to this lake would be complete without a stop at the "Abbaye de Hautecombe". A highly spiritual place, home to the Dukes of Savoy, it is tucked away between the deep waters of the lake and the mountain cliffs. To the north, the Rhône river is connected to the lake by the Savières canal.
Lake Aiguebelette is the smallest of the four lakes of Savoie Mont-Blanc. Lake Aiguebelette is located in the heart of the “Massif de l'Epine”. At 360 meters above sea level, the Lake Aiguebelette is "an emerald pearl in the heart of a mountainous setting".
Protected from the wind, the lake has very calm waters, with summer the temperatures of the lake can reach to 28 ° C. The lake is a paradise for swimmers, fishermen, rowers, paddle boarders and nature lovers. Motorboats are forbidden, which helps to make it the purest lake in France. It has twice been home to the World Rowing Championships.
Whether you prefer to discover the culinary "savoir-faire" in the Alpes Mont Blanc region, learn more about Annecy's historical heritage or set off to discover one of the most beautiful lakes in France on a private cruise on Lake Annecy, there is something suitable for all!
Annecy Special City Tour
- Discover the city of Annecy through photos from 100 years ago, evoking both its past history and its contemporary life.
- Duration : 2 hours
- For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US/experience/annecy-special-city-tour
Tour of Lake Annecy through the mountains
- Enjoy a guided tour through the most beautiful panoramas around Lake Annecy. Sublime views of the mountains of the Alps!
- Duration : 4 hours
- For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US/experience/tour-of-lake-annecy-through-the-mountains
Cheese and wine tasting in Annecy
- Come and taste the best wines and cheeses of the Alps, accompanied by an expert sommelier of Savoy wines and a "Meilleur Ouvrier de France" Master Cheesemaker in Annecy.
- Duration : 2 hours
- For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US/experience/cheese-and-wine-tasting-in-annecy
- Cook yourself one of the most typical Savoyard dishes: the famous tartiflette! An exclusive gourmet experience followed by a convivial lunch.
- Duration: 5 hours
- For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US/experience/tartiflette-experience
Boat Cruise on Lake Annecy
- Climb aboard your privatized boat and learn all the curiosities of one of the most beautiful lakes of the Alps during this unusual experience. Take the opportunity to dive into the crystal clear waters of Lake Annecy.
- Duration : 2 hours
- For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US/experience/boat-cruise-on-lake-annecy
You’ll enjoy everything we have to offer but at your own pace. Our road books will help you understand and learn about the area but only if you want to.
The ease of a tour or an excursion at your own rhythm. The road book will be designed especially for you, to optimize your stay, making sure you’re getting the maximum out of your Alps Mont Blanc experience.
Details of your trip
- 6 night stay in a 3 star hotel half board
- Tourist taxes
- Entry fee for the following visits:
- Abbaye de Hautecombe
- Château de Menthon St Bernard
- A Road Book that will indicate the best itinerary and will give suggestions and advice to help make your tour or excursion the most memorable possible.
- Your gas
- Parking costs except those at your hotel.
- Lunches (the road book indicates the best possible choice in your budget)
- Personal expenses
Terms of payment
Your tailor designed trip/tour is confirmed when we have received the first payment, 30% of the total cost of the trip. Full payment is required one month before your departure date. If your trip/tour is less than one month from your departure date then we require payment in full.
A cancellation fee will be charged as follows:
- confirmation, more than 30 days before departure: 60 € per person
- 30 to 22 days before departure: 25% of the total price (min 60 €)
- 21 to 8 days before departure: 50% of the total price (min 60 €)
- 7 to 3 days before departure: 75% of the total price (min 60 €)
- Less than 3 days before departure and after departure: 100% of the total amount.
Our specialist services of the Alps Mont Blanc
Transfers - As soon as you arrive in the Alps, we take care of your transfer from the airport to your place of stay. Whether you arrive in Geneva, Lyon or Turin, our drivers will be there to welcome you with their biggest smile and drive you safely to your destination.
For more information: https://transfer-mont-blanc.com/
Activities - For an unusual activity off the beaten track in Alpes Mont Blanc, from one hour to one day, we offer you to live experiences and discover unique places during your stay in the mountains: private guided visits, boat cruises, cooking classes, private wine tasting, paragliding, almost anything under the sun …
For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US
As this program is custom designed it is subject to change to better accommodate weather conditions and other factors.
The feasibility of this program is subject to change according to availability.