A Time Out discovering France's Alpine Lakes
4 splendid mountain lakes in 4 unforgettable days.
The beauty of fresh water Alpine lakes - Lake Annecy, mountain summits and hidden spots
You will be enchanted by the scenery and gastronomy of our montains...
Ideal for couples & families.
All year round.
Evian-les-Bains, Evian for bottled water drinkers, is located on the shores of Lake Geneva and is our first stop.
Lake Geneva nicknamed "An Ocean that fits in your pocket", is the largest of the Savoie Mont-Blanc lakes. “L’art de vivre”, the way of life, is very similar to that of the Italian lakes. The French shore is 53 km long and is home to two famous spa towns: Thonon-les-Bains and Evian-les-Bains. One third of the lake is French and the other two-thirds are Swiss. There are differences between the two countries and it is interesting to see them in one day.
Numerous cruises on the lake are available for visitors wanting to discover more about Lake Geneva, especially to reach the Swiss shores and more particularly Geneva. Fishing ports are also to be discovered such as the one located in the village of Meilleire or the one in Thonon-les-Bains.
In the summer, come and swim in the cool waters of Lake Geneva and then go for a walk around its shoreline.
Visit the city center of Thonon-les-Bains with its small streets or walk or bike in the city of Evian-les-Bains.
Yvoire is a pearl in the Alps, a magical place bringing together authenticity and history.
One of France's most beautiful villages. One can admire its fortress, its gardens and its Château dating back to XIVth Century. A place of more than 700 years of history.
Enjoy the panoramic views of Lake Geneva, Jura mountains and the Swiss Alps.
Annecy, the « Venice of the Alps». Stroll through its canals and its medieval streets to be brought back in time, it is truly one of those unforgettable cities of Europe ...
The most magnificent views are while driving along or while boating on Lake Annecy.
Its cyrstal clear waters that reflect the summits of the surrounding Alps will knock you off your feet !
Along the shores of the Lake, you'll come across two age old Castles which give this area an almost mystical ambiance.
Lake Bourget is our third lake destination. Sometimes called “Sea in the Mountains”, it is the biggest freshwater lake in France. Well known in French literature, Lake Bourget has been a romantic backdrop for many writers and poets and especially Lamartine.
Aix-les-Bains, a thermal bath resort located on the shores of Lake Bourget, has obtained the label "France Station Nautique" thanks to the many water activities available on the lake: sailing, rowing, canoeing, rafting, fishing, diving, water skiing, wake-boarding...
The "Lac du Bourget" has several marinas and fishing ports such as the one in Aix-les-Bains or Bourget-du-Lac.
Discover a feudal fortress in a bucolic landscape, medieval times up to the last owners in 1916 ...
The beautiful Knights' hall, explore the oriental collections of the Curiosity Cabinet and those of the Armory.
After having climbed the steps of the donjon to contemplate the surrounding landscape of the Alps, a well deserved break with a glass of Hypocras, a favorite of the Middle Ages!
Coffee Tasting. Your day starts off with your first encounter in the village - the coffee roaster.
Tasting of homemade walnut and hazelnut oil, visit The Oil mill that dates back to the 19th century. The oil-maker will bring the mill alive with his stories and passion.
Wine tasting of local Savoy wines. Then off to lunch in a rustic and out-of-the-way restaurant/Inn. Everything here is authentic and convivial even the food. Truly unforgettable.
After lunch, you’ll board an electric boat for a relaxing cruise on a lazy river. The flora and fauna of this preserved environment are explained to you as you make your way to the Riviera des Alpes Lake Bourget and memorable panoramas.
Once you're back to the port, Chocolate or Beer tasting.
Loose yourself while strolling the streets of this charming medieval village.
Lake Aiguebelette is the smallest of the four lakes of Savoie Mont-Blanc. Lake Aiguebelette is located in the heart of the “Massif de l'Epine”. At 360 meters above sea level, the Lake Aiguebelette is "an emerald pearl in the heart of a mountainous setting".
Protected from the wind, the lake has very calm waters, with summer the temperatures of the lake can reach to 28 ° C. The lake is a paradise for swimmers, fishermen, rowers, paddle boarders and nature lovers. Motorboats are forbidden, which helps to make it the purest lake in France. It has twice been home to the World Rowing Championships.
Whether you prefer to discover the culinary "savoir-faire" in the Alpes Mont Blanc region, learn more about Annecy's historical heritage or set off to discover one of the most beautiful lakes in France on a private cruise on Lake Annecy, there is something suitable for all!
Annecy Special City Tour
- Discover the city of Annecy through photos from 100 years ago, evoking both its past history and its contemporary life.
- Duration : 2 hours
- For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US/experience/annecy-special-city-tour
Tour of Lake Annecy through the mountains
- Enjoy a guided tour through the most beautiful panoramas around Lake Annecy. Sublime views of the mountains of the Alps!
- Duration : 4 hours
- For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US/experience/tour-of-lake-annecy-through-the-mountains
Cheese and wine tasting in Annecy
- Come and taste the best wines and cheeses of the Alps, accompanied by an expert sommelier of Savoy wines and a "Meilleur Ouvrier de France" Master Cheesemaker in Annecy.
- Duration : 2 hours
- For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US/experience/cheese-and-wine-tasting-in-annecy
- Cook yourself one of the most typical Savoyard dishes: the famous tartiflette! An exclusive gourmet experience followed by a convivial lunch.
- Duration: 5 hours
- For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US/experience/tartiflette-experience
Boat Cruise on Lake Annecy
- Climb aboard your privatized boat and learn all the curiosities of one of the most beautiful lakes of the Alps during this unusual experience. Take the opportunity to dive into the crystal clear waters of Lake Annecy.
- Duration : 2 hours
- For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US/experience/boat-cruise-on-lake-annecy
You’ll enjoy everything we have to offer but at your own pace. Our road books will help you understand and learn about the area but only if you want to.
The ease of a tour or an excursion at your own rhythm. The road book will be designed especially for you, to optimize your stay, making sure you’re getting the maximum out of your Alps Mont Blanc experience.
Details of your trip
3 nights in bed and breakfast half board
The road book with many indications
- Personal expenses
- Gas of the car
- Parking (except in the hotels)
- Lunch (the road book will have indications of the best restaurants for you to choose from)
Terms of payment
Your tailor designed trip/tour is confirmed when we have received the first payment, 30% of the total cost of the trip. Full payment is required one month before your departure date. If your trip/tour is less than one month from your departure date then we require payment in full.
A cancellation fee will be charged as follows:
- confirmation, more than 30 days before departure: 60 € per person
- 30 to 22 days before departure: 25% of the total price (min 60 €)
- 21 to 8 days before departure: 50% of the total price (min 60 €)
- 7 to 3 days before departure: 75% of the total price (min 60 €)
- Less than 3 days before departure and after departure: 100% of the total amount.
Our specialist services of the Alps Mont Blanc
Transfers - As soon as you arrive in the Alps, we take care of your transfer from the airport to your place of stay. Whether you arrive in Geneva, Lyon or Turin, our drivers will be there to welcome you with the biggest smile and drive you safely to your destination.
For more information: https://transfer-mont-blanc.com/
Activities - For an unusual activity off the beaten track in Alpes Mont Blanc, from one hour to one day, we offer you to live experiences and discover unique places during your stay in the mountains: private guided visits, boat cruises, cooking classes, private wine tasting, paragliding, almost anything under the sun …
For more information: https://experience-mont-blanc.com/en_US
As this program is custom designed it is subject to change to better accommodate weather conditions and other factors.
The feasibility of this program is subject to change according to availability.